Welcome to the Tredway Library's virtual book display guide! Throughout the year the library has different themed book display near the entrance of the second floor. This guide provides direct links to the books in OneSearch, as well as gives recommendations of books you can request through I-Share.
Our book displays not only provide suggestions from print books, but for ebooks as well! You can use an ebook for your research the same as you would a print book. Ebooks stands for electronic books, which means its a book that available to read online in a full text format. You don't have to physically be in the library to check out an ebook; you can check it out from anywhere with internet access.
How do you check out an ebook? It depends on the ebook provider, since they have different ways to download their ebooks. The most common ebook collections you'll find in the Tredway Library are CARLI ebooks and EBSCOhost eBook Collection.
eBook Collection (EBSCOhost) download instructions:
1) Once you find the ebook you want, you have the option to read it as a PDF (better for laptops/desktops), EPUB (better for mobile devices), or to fully download it to your device. Select the option you want.
2) If you want to download the book on your device, click on the button below the book information that says "Full Download."
3) Sign into your EBSCOhost account. If you do not have an account, create a free account using the link provided.
4) Select the checkout period you would like.
5) Click "Full Download" (note: you may have to download Adobe Digital Editions on your device to read the ebook).
CARLI eBooks download instructions:
1) Make sure you're signed into your account on OneSearch (use your Augustana username and password.
2) When you see the CARLI eBooks option in the record (scroll down until you get to "View Online") click on the link provided.
3) You will be redirected to a new page where you can access the online book.
Use the chat in this guide (the yellow tab labeled "Have a question?"), or look here for more help.